Top 10 Foundations For Indian Bridal Makeup and Photography

by Anshita on 05/24/2013

in bridal, Face Products, foundation, Reviews, Top 10 list

bridal foundation flash

10 Best Foundations For Bridal Makeup and Flash Photography In India

Bridal Makeup and Flash Photography go hand in hand. So it is essential we choose a long wearing foundation which also photographs well. Spf makes you look pale in the photos. Some foundations have a physical sunscreen called Titanium Dioxide, avoid it. The other type of sunscreen is chemical, it relatively looks less bad. Its difficult to find foundations with no spf so try finding the one with the lowest spf content.

Also steer clear of foundations that promise a luminescent or pearly or glowy finish. Dear Revlon Photoready, you are NOT AT ALL  Photoready!

So here I’ve compiled a list of foundations which suit the above criteria and are easily available in India.

1. Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation

There is a saying “When in doubt, go for Mac Studio Fix foundation”. Okay probably it’s not a saying but it should be. When everyting else failed, I turned to this and now I don’t look anywhere else. Period. (Price: Rs.2100)

2. Revlon Color Stay foundation

MUAs around the world swear by it. This is one of the best foundations for flash photography ever made. If you don’t have the budget for Mac, go with Revlon. (Price: Rs.750)

3. Kryolan TV Paint Stick

So as the name suggests its a stick foundation. And its used by the Tv artists everywhere. Now you know know the secret of their perfect looking skin. Also a lot of Indian beauty parlours use Kryolan foundations for bridal makeup. That says a lot. (Price: Rs 800)

4. MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

When you are a bride, you are exposed to all types of extreme emotions and situations – dance, drama, atyachar, etc. So that one foundation that stays on and on without budging a cm is the Mac Pro Longwear foundation. (Price: Rs.1750)

5. Make Up Forever HD Foundation

Youtube gurus wear by MUFE HD. Its one foundation that just NEVER fails the flash photography test. No white cast, no funny looking wedding albums, no two toned faces, no oily looking face. Its god send for oily skin. Also, if your skin lean more towards normal or dry, then MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation is the answer. (Price: Rs.2100)

6. MAC Studio Sculpt foundation

This is a gel based foundation with medium to full coverage and a dewy finish. It comes in this tiny little tube but the quantity required is so less that it lasts you a long time. You can also double it up as a concealer. If you get a good match, then you are lucky. (Price: Rs.1500)

7. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation

Finally a Maybelline foundation that lasts long and photographs well. This gives an air brush finish which is magical for a bride. It never looks cakey and the coverage is almost full. And cheaper than all other foundation on this list! (Price: Rs.575)

8. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation

Estee Lauder is known to make good foundations for flash photography. A lot of MUAs swear by it. Its good for those with sensitive skin and fives full coverage without looking cakey. A breathable foundation it is. It just got launched in India. (Price: Rs.2790)

9. Mac MatchMaster Foundation

Its a new addition to the Mac line of foundations and my favourite after Studio Fix. This gives medium to full coverage and still somehow manages to look natural. I once wore Matchmaster on one side of my face while keeping the other side bare, apart from looking healthy and perfect it was difficult to tell which side was which….they shade selection is that perfect. The shades are named a bit differently in this range. For reference, I am nc37 and 4.0 suits me perfectly from this range. (Price: Rs.2100)

10. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lasting Perfecting Foundation

This one is one of the longest wearing foundations I’ve used. I have worn it easily for 14hrs after which I removed it. Although it has got spf in it but it photographs well, weird. But yes a good foundation to own. (Price: Rs.1195)

Other foundations worth mentioning are Illamasqua Skin Base foundation, Smashbox foundations, Chanel Lumeire foundation, Lancome Teint Miracle and NARS foundations. But you would have a hard time tracking them down or finding your perfect shade so I didn’t include them.

PS- Is Rs.2100 a standard price tag for foundations or what?

{ 31 comments… read them below or add one }

Sukanya May 24, 2013 at 8:16 pm

For my engagement, my MUA had used kryolan paint stick and I love my pictures with it :D
*happy dance*
Sukanya recently posted…Giveaway : Win 3 free Spa Sessions at The Four Fountains SpaMy Profile

Anshita May 25, 2013 at 10:19 pm

haha i will ask mine to use it too when i get married! :D

Aliya May 24, 2013 at 8:22 pm

I have the Kryolan TV Paint Stick. It is super amazing. It photographs really well and you can go from sheer to high coverage easily :D

I’d love to try Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation for the airbrush effect :D

Anshita May 25, 2013 at 10:19 pm

i too love the kryolan stick. d maybelline one is good..if you find your perfect match

Ash May 24, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I’ve tried three of these- the Mac pro long wear, studio fix and the Maybelline Dream liquid mousse foundation. I really want to try the Revlon colorstay foundation now!
Ash recently posted…Pinterest Lust ListMy Profile

Anshita May 25, 2013 at 10:18 pm

haha you are one foundation queen!

Gowthami May 24, 2013 at 9:38 pm

very useful post… I wanna try revlon soon, :)
Gowthami recently posted…Summer Skincare Talk Vol.6 : ‘What is Acne?’My Profile

Anshita May 25, 2013 at 10:18 pm

do try :)

Bee May 24, 2013 at 9:52 pm

even the loreal truMatch is a cult favorite here for bridals. :)

Anshita May 25, 2013 at 10:17 pm

oh yeah…and you know i find true match and infallible quite similar. what do you think?

Vijetha May 24, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Ansh, Ive used MUFE HD and it kind of gets oily even in my normal to dry skin in hot weather..may be its perfect in cooler climates. Otherwise, its great!

Anshita May 25, 2013 at 10:17 pm

hey Vijetha!! how are you? its your first comment here, right? Welcome to VNA!! Whats up these days? :)

kay May 25, 2013 at 12:49 am

I really don’t get along with Mac foundations- something in the ingredients causes me to break out in spots! Which is weird as I don’t have sensitive skin and only get this reaction with Mac! My personal favourites are the Illamasqua Skin Base and Nars Sheer Glow, Both looks amazing and photographs very well.

Anshita May 25, 2013 at 10:15 pm

im allergic to specific brands too…so its kinda common. you must try revlon :)

Reshu June 15, 2013 at 11:53 am

hi Anshita
i am confused which foundation will be match to my skin : my skin is oily, fair and have many pores, i want to cover that in my marriage then i should look young also suggest me pls

Anshita June 18, 2013 at 8:18 pm

mac studio fix fluid :)

sneha June 27, 2013 at 9:35 pm

The MAC foundation prices you’ve provided are all wrong.. Please don’t give out misleading information without verifying your sources.

Anshita June 27, 2013 at 11:30 pm

dude calm down! i’m sorry if mac changes its price every few months n m busy enough not to keep up. and if a few bucks here n there is that big a problem then :|

sneha June 28, 2013 at 11:15 am

You’re off by over Rs.500 thats not a buck here and there.. lol.
You’ve posted this blog recently. So get all the facts right because there will be lots of women who’re on a budget and when they go to the counters to buy the product they’ll be disheartened.

Anshita June 28, 2013 at 3:25 pm

thank you for pointing that out. share ur knowledge with us n help me correct d prices

Saraswathi Sneha N V August 18, 2013 at 1:02 pm

That is a fabulous list ! I hope something additional tops the list since I gotta a long way to go for my wedding :P :P :P
Saraswathi Sneha N V recently posted…LipIce – Lip Color ‘Hotty Pink’ shade ReviewMy Profile

Anshita August 19, 2013 at 8:32 pm

haha!!

Nidhi September 16, 2013 at 5:13 pm

My marriage is around the corner..What type of foundation suppose to choose for my sangan ceremony…on this day i will do my makeup by my own…i want brighter and shinning skin & stay long…plz plz help me out. (Mac is not in my budget).

Jyoti September 25, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I love this list !! Very useful :)

tahoorakhan November 15, 2013 at 9:46 am

hi .. Plz tell me how to apply foundation .. I use maybelline dream mousse fondation.. Whenever i apply white patches come .. My skin is dry .. Some times oily .tell me the steps clearly plzz ..

zeli February 12, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I use the mac studio fix fluid and its absolutely great….I buy it from m.a.c for around R300.
I heard about kryolan and not sure whether to try it out.Is it better than m.a.c or similar to it?

Anirima February 14, 2014 at 1:35 pm

The list z really great. Thanks. But for wedding night or for reception, plz hire a professional make up artist and leave the choice of foundation to them.

I recently got married. The artist z professional and awesome, my photos look great (as per my frnds) :-[lol], but for parties and all this list really
good. Thsnks a lot.

nishi February 22, 2014 at 9:20 pm

my marriage is comng soon ..What type of foundation shud i choose for my ceremony.,my complexn is nither wheatish nor fair…i want brighter and shinning skin & stay long…plz plz help me out.

Nandini April 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hii Anshita
I have a query. i bought lakme absolute mousse foundation in winters. it worked like a dream on my skin as it gets a bit dry in winters. but now in summers i have extremely oily skin and it looks muddy on my face. what should I do? need help urgently…….
nandini

Ayesha October 28, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Hello !

Cud ya plz temme wr can I find Kryolan products in Bangalore ?

Jagruti November 23, 2014 at 10:38 am

Hii, i m 46. I hace combi skin type..t n normal…wenever i hv apply foundation, i sweat a lot…so help me to choose foundation….